- Conduct research on the biopsychosocial mechanisms underlying the development of alcohol and other substance use disorders (SUDs).
- Foster research that aims to understand and reduce health disparities in traumatic stress exposures and SUDs.
- Study the prevention and treatment of substance misuse and substance use disorders using cutting-edge neurobiological, psychological, and sociocultural paradigms.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate theory-driven educational intervention and prevention programs and services for target populations and communities
- Provide educational and training experiences to diverse Rutgers undergraduate and graduate students as well as paraprofessionals, post-baccalaureates, post-doctoral fellows, and professionals interested in improving the lives of individuals with substance use disorders.
- Contribute to the dialogue around public policies that impact alcohol and drug misuse, disorders, and the treatments for substance use disorders.
Click here for more information about The 2019-2020 CAS Strategic Plan OKR (Objectives and Key Results)