Professional Development Seminar Series
Education & Training
2016 – 2017 Seminars
The Professional Development Seminar Series reflects cutting-edge topics in the field and provides an opportunity for individuals to attend recertification courses. Seminars are generally held during the academic year weekly from 9 am to 4 pm. Each seminar is approved for a minimum of 6 continuing education hours.
Note: Special Offering seminar hours vary and are indicated within the brochure and online.
Current schedule can be viewed through the Online Registration.
Students may register online or by completing the registration form and faxing or mailing it to the Education and Training Division.
The fee for each seminar is $85.00 / $50.00 for Rutgers faculty / $20 for matriculating students unless otherwise indicated. This includes a light breakfast, lunch, and educational materials distributed by faculty. A $25.00 non-refundable deposit per seminar should be paid at the time of registration; this deposit will be applied toward the tuition fee. Final payment is due one week prior to attendance. If mailing in registration, all checks and money orders should be made payable to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. MasterCard, Visa, and American Express are also accepted. Tuition support is available.
Funding support from New Jersey Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services enables the Education & Training Division to offer tuition remission for up to 2 seminars to a limited number of applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Be a New Jersey resident.
- Be employed at a NJ-DMHAS licensed (substance abuse, or mental health) program at time of application and at time of the seminar.
- Have a clinical license or certification (e.g. LPC, CADC, LCADC, LCSW, psychologist, etc.) and be able to provide license/certification number on application material
*Note: scholarship may not fully cover special offerings. Contact our office for more information.
*NEW DMHAS REGISTRATION FORM COMING SOON
Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies Education & Training
Continuing Education Credits
- Please note that participants may not be eligible for continuing education credits if they are not on time and present for the entire session.
- Participants must sign in and out.
- Participants must submit a completed evaluation form at the end of the program.
- Partial credits will not be awarded to those arriving late or leaving early.
Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies is an NBCC-approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-Approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of this program (6 clock hours [0.6 CEUs] for standard weekly seminars). Approval #6619. NBCC approved courses qualify for CACD/LCADC recertification in NJ.
Drug & Alcohol Counselors
- Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies is an NAADAC-Approved Education Provider. Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies meets nationally approved standards of education developed for the alcoholism and drug abuse counseling field. Program participants are assured that the contact hours or CEUs provided will be accepted toward national credentialing by the NAADAC Certification Commission. Approval #124.
- Courses are approved for renewal (recertification) credits by the Addiction Professionals Certification Board of NJ, Inc. Standard weekly courses are approved for 6 hours. Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies. Approval #2252011.
Social Workers (The New Jersey Board of Social Work Examiners)
This program is approved for social work continuing education hours by Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies in accordance with New Jersey administrative code 13:44G -6.4 and recognized by The New Jersey Board of Social Work Examiners. This program is approved for 6 continuing education hours for standard weekly seminars.
Important Notice: Social workers must provide their social work license/certification/registration number and license jurisdiction on the registration form.
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers # 886634931-2931.
New Jersey Public Health Continuing Education Providership Program
The Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health as a provider of New Jersey Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs) and agrees to comply with all policies and procedures of the Providership Program as outlined in the New Jersey Public Health Continuing Education Providership Program and Procedures Manual. Participants who successfully complete this educational program will be awarded 6 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Hours (CEs). Approval provider code: PHCE387-2013/06/03.
Department of Education
This program meets continuing education requirements for the Department of Education Certifications.
Approved Provider Information
As a university-based center, all professional development opportunities meet necessary continuing education guidelines for the state of New Jersey in addictions, social work, and education. Continuing Education Units are awarded for participation in all professional development programs. The Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies has been approved by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, as a provider of New Jersey Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours. Recertification for CADC and LCADC is approved by The Certification Board, Inc. The Seminar Series is also approved for continuing education units by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) and the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).